A MASSAGE THERAPIST'S GUIDE TO LOWER BACK AND PELVIC PAIN describes in detail the background to the evolution of "non-specific" backache as well as the assessment and treatment methods ideal for use in combination with massage therapy, deriving from physical therapy, osteopathic, and chiropractic sources. The book describes these methods individually and then integrates them into a detailed description of a massage session focusing on the person with backache. This unique book takes care to consider the needs of the massage therapist, who previously may have had to adapt his/her own methodology from descriptions aimed at other health care professionals.
- Abundant illustrations enrich the text and bring content to life to make it easily understandable.
- Bulleted point text and summaries allow the reader to quickly find information and review important content.
- Easy-reference format and accessible language help break down concepts.
- Accompanying website [previously a DVD] demonstrates real-life examples of the palpation and treatment methods.
A Massage Therapist's Guide to Lower Back & Pelvic Pain, 1e
- Series: A Massage Therapist's Guide To
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 edition (November 19, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 044310218X
- ISBN-13: 978-0443102189
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 0.4 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces